From Jane's Parish Cook Book . Recipe Makes 36
150g plain chocolate – supermarkets do a fine economy line for average price of 30p but better quality obviously shows in finished product.
150ml extra thick double cream
25g unsalted butter
2 tbsp brandy – optional but lovely
20g stem ginger
2 tbsp cocoa powder
36 small paper cases
- Finely chop the chocolate up or whiz in the processor until fine.
- Place cream, butter and brandy in a pan and heat until simmering. Turn off.
- Pour into the food processor with the chocolate and whiz until blended. This only takes a few seconds.
- Transfer to a bowl. Finely chop the ginger and stir in. Cool and cover. Transfer to a fridge until set .
- Take a teaspoonful of mixture and roll into a ball.
- Toss the ball in cocoa and place in paper case
- Refrigerate. Keep for 4 days.